CIAM’s cooperation with the German Academy of Acupuncture (Deutsche Akademie für Akupunktur | DAA), which has graduated over 30,000 medical doctors in Auricular Medicine, informs the broad practical clinical approach of the CIAM program endorsed by the DAA.
Integrate auricular into your practice
Auricular Medicine offers a bridge amongst modalities in part due to the essential role of neuromodulation. By integrating auricular, you can identify and support interventions that stimulate energy homeostasis, or balance, thereby supporting an efficient healing process of the entire human system, as well as amplifying patient responsiveness to other healing modalities.
German Auricular Medicine is ideally suited to deepen practitioner insights in these practices:
- Protocol-based Auricular Methods (i.e. NADA Protocol, AcuDetox, Auricular Stimulation Protocol, Auricular Acu-Technician Training)
- Bioelectromagnetic medicine (i.e. resonance signaling, frequency modulation)
- Chiropractic (i.e. Bio-Energetic Synchronization Technique/BEST, Bio-Geometric Integration/BGI)
- Energy work (i.e. Reiki, RISE/polarity work, etc)
- Functional Medicine
- Manual Therapy
- Nurse Practitioner
- Physical Therapy
- Quantum medicine (i.e. bio resonance, Oberon-related therapies, quantum bio-photon diagnostics & therapies)
- Sound healing
- Sports medicine (alternative approaches)
- Veterinary (acupuncture and laser)
CIAM is highly endorsed
In the words of the director of education for the German Academy of Acupuncture (Deutsche Akademie für Akupunktur | DAA), Dr. med. Beate Strittmatter:
“[CIAM] has developed a comprehensive training program in German Auricular Medicine. With this training, practitioners will learn current developments in auricular acupuncture, and the approach taught in Germany — a system that will bring profound results through clearing blockages to healing and stubborn symptoms. Beyond delivering the only systematic training of the DAA program in the English language offered worldwide, the CIAM team is highly professional and caring.”
A Culture of Collaboration and Support
Muriel Agnes, MAEd, PhD, and founder of CIAM, has always presented Auricular Medicine for integration and collaboration:
“We have students from all modalities and they fully appreciate that they are collaborating and learning form each other. Auricular Medicine is what brings them together! These practitioners know their own medicine deeply and understand the ways in which auricular methods are best applied into their practices. At CIAM we recognize that clinical application may look different depending on modality. For us to provide the most effective training, we need to know THIS medicine deeply — and we do. Our instructors understand THIS medicine deeply and offer a personalized training that will help you integrate auricular into your practice.”
This culture of collaboration is carried by the fact that the same universal principles apply to both science and every modality of healthcare and wellness, which suggests that can benefit from exploring their commonalities. We believe that finding commonalities is of value to everyone:
- How can we leverage commonalities for greater opportunities in learning, understanding, and collaboration?
- How can we equally support practitioners who want to change their practice to Auricular Medicine being a central focus, and those who want to use one specific aspect of the medicine in their practice?
- What approaches of our training open the door for practical applications across a broad range of healthcare and wellness modalities?
These questions define the unique educational and collaborative culture of the Canadian Institute of Auricular Medicine.
An Approved Continuing Education Provider
- CIAM offers course completion certificates that are accepted for Continuing Education Credits (CEUs) by various professional healthcare associations.
- CIAM NCCAOM-approved as a Professional Development Activity (PDA) provider and offers courses for continuing education credits
- CIAM is recognized by massage therapy associations and offers courses approved by the Massage Therapists Association of Nova Scotia (MTANS) and the Massage Therapists' and Wholistic Practitioners' Association of the Maritimes (MTWPAM)
- CIAM is endorsed as offering the only systematic training in English of the German Academy of Acupuncture (Deutsche Akademie für Akupunktur | DAA e.V.) program worldwide
Part of a Globally Recognized Field of Medical Practice
In addition to regulation by authorizing boards and associations through the approval of continuing education credits, there are components of Auricular Medicine that have been developed into protocols, therapies and standards that — or have overarching principles with the field of acupuncture and specifically ear acupuncture which — have been recognized by the World Health Organization (International); the National Acupuncture Detoxification Association (USA); National Institutes of Health (USA); Government of British Columbia Health Professions Council (Canada); Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare (Japan); China Academy of Chinese Medical Science as approved by the Chinese Ministry of Health (China); The UK Department of Health (England); and by law in 12 EU Member States including Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Portugal, Slovenia and Spain (European Union).(1-8)
In fact, ear maps from which somatotopic ear charts used in Traditional Chinese Medicine were standardized in China after learning of the findings of Paul Nogier in 1958, are based in Auricular Medicine.(9)(10)