Vagus nerve stimulation, and specifically auricular vagus nerve stimulation aVNS, are showing importance in modulation of brain function, reflex loops, and brain chemistry (as seen in treatment of epilepsy, stroke, depression and other disorders)...
- Neuromodulation of nociceptive processing (as seen in experimental and clinical evidence of pain treatment/managent)
- Modulation of autonomic function
- Modulation of metabolic syndrome
- Modulation of cardiovascular and cardioprotective effects
- Modulation of psychometric functions
Read more on current directions in auricular neuromodulation (as related to VNS)